I never write reviews, but had to say this...
My girls love this book! My six year old "demands" that I read a few chapters to her every night. I wish Shakespeare was introduced to me like this when I was younger. This is an absolutely awesome book and a great addition to our library. Thanks Usborne!
Judy-Ann, 4 October 2012
Press & blog reviews
This is another super book in the Usborne Illustrated Stories series... a marvellous introduction to Shakespeare. Each play is introduced with a summary (and pictures) of the characters, so they can be followed throughout the story. Twelfth Night, Macbeth, The Tempest, Hamlet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Romeo and Juliet are included. The use of extracts from the original work gives children a feel for Shakespeare's language without being daunting. A great book for every child's collection.
Parents in Touch Website
With their usual creative flair and beautiful pictures, Usborne have recently published Illustrated Shakespeare which includes retellings of Twelfth Night, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and the Tempest as well as a short biography of the Bard himself – the perfect way to open up Key Stage 2 children to his wonderful plays.
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Illustrated stories from Shakespeare'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.